Enjorlas' application

Enjorlas
    Pirate Panda

Character
    Name: Undefined
    Profession: Rookguardian

Enjorlas' application

Post  Enjorlas on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Application (lazy people like me version)

Hey there Pandas,

This is the short version of my application, hence it won’t contain much
    information – I’m not so good at shortening stuff, clearly. If by any chance You want to read more, scroll down a little.

My name is Miłosz, call me Milo or Pimp(uś), those are my online gaming
    nicknames. I’m a 20 years old Polish student. I like skiing, skating, sailing, cycling,
    training Muay Thai, smoking pot and reading (a lot).

I started playing Tibia on October 2005, however I only played for a
    couple months back then, then about 4 years later a little longer, recently I’ve
    been playing for around 3 months. My characters are and were a +-105 RP (can’t
    remember exactly as it was long ago and it’s sold, someone leveled it to 273
    now so I can’t check). I sold it because I moved to another game back then.
    Recently I’ve been leveling an RP in Obsidia (lvl 73), but I just couldn’t get
    myself to like the server. Eventually I moved to Refugia at the beginning of
    this month, and created a 61 so far sorcerer, Enjorlas, that I want to join
    Your guild with and that I keep leveling steadily on.

Besides Tibia I have played a lot of other MMO games, especially Flyff,
    Vindictus and Warhammer Online. I also fancy League of Legends and play it
    quite often.

I was never notated or banned in Tibia, I used bot once when I was 14
    (so 6 years ago, bots weren’t that popular or troublemaking back then, at least
    not that I knew of), a classmate in junior high showed it to me, we botted
    characters to around level 15 together and got bored; we figured out it’s
    nothing interesting at all.

I don’t remember any guilds in Tibia that would matter, there were none
    recently. I’ve been a member and co-leader of many guilds in other MMOs though. I’d like to
    join You because Your community seems stable, calm and welcoming yet strong and
    vivid at the same time, that being almost precisely what I am looking for in a
    gaming community. And I love the name. I mean it.

Once again, I’m not the master-shortener, if You want to know more just
    dig into the longer version. However, if there is something specific You’d like
    to ask, I’m here to answer.

Now on to the longer and more boring stuff:

Hello everyone,

First of all I hope my application’s volume is not a problem for
    any of You. I realize that it may seem weird or simply silly to write this much
    about myself when all I need to do (and probably is expected of me) is just
    answer a couple questions. Therefore I’d like to explain this matter at the
    very beginning; there are a few reasons for that. One is that I really like to
    write a lot when it’s not under pressure of time and expected content, I simply
    enjoy it. Secondly, every time I write a guild/clan application I like to make
    it into a brief summary of my gaming history, it’s just a habit I have developed
    and it is also something I find enjoyable. Besides, I don’t like leaving gaming
    communities, especially as a result of some kind of tension or a quarrel that
    could have been prevented by being open at the beginning. That’s why in this
    situation I prefer to play open cards and elaborate in order to increase the
    odds of successfully becoming a member of community for a longer period of time
    – in other words, I want You to be able to decide as accurately as possible
    whether I fit in or not. Obviously, that approach may create other problems,
    such as people not wanting to read the whole essay full of grammatical mistakes
    and extremely boring stuff on a random foreign student, hell, I would probably
    find it annoyingly boring myself if I hadn’t written it. But taking all that
    into account I still think it is better if even one person reads it and gets to
    know what up, rather than everyone reading a couple of sentences which don’t
    really say anything. In the end, isn’t everybody a bit of an extrovert on the
    internet?

Having explained that, let’s get started. My name is
    Miłosz (that’s a male name if somehow someone wasn’t sure), I’m a 20 years old
    law school student from Wrocław, Poland. I hate my school and unlike most of
    the other students I actually mean it, I really regret my university choice and
    sometimes it makes me bitter (Watched too much Law and Order and now I’m paying
    for it, as I only found out after the first semester that law courses in Poland
    differ greatly from those in western countries, instead on focusing on gaining
    any important skills you get dry knowledge only and I mean only, that’s how my
    wonderful country deals with its problems – ‘so what we produce over 400 guys
    who become at best really shitty administration clerks as they have no real skills
    whatsoever and perhaps 50 lawyers a year, our university has great traditions
    and hence we won’t change anything’. Classic welcome to Poland stuff, not that I
    like to complain or something). But besides my school, the very thought of
    which, as you may have observed, makes me freaking mad, I’m a very calm and
    happy guy, and that’s most of the time since – another funny fact – for example
    this semester I have one day of obligatory classes per week, and one day is
    saying a lot since it’s 11:30-13:00. With that said, You don’t have to worry
    about me bragging about how I hate school too often, I usually feel like I was
    on holiday, or rather like I was unemployed, as most of my friends are working
    a lot harder. And I definitely have a lot more time to spare for gaming. But
    before I get to that, quick hobbies-and-stuff passage.

I’m a little afraid that when it comes to that, I may
    only compete for the Least Interesting and the Most Typical Student of the
    Year. But on those rare occasions when I try to do something else than
    completely nothing or smoking pot at home I train Muay Thai, a little bit of
    indoor climbing (new discovery for me, I’ve only been climbing for a couple
    weeks but I really like it), and learn French. I love skiing, and that’s the
    only sport at which I can honestly say I’m pretty good, going to do the
    instructor course next season if I get a decent part-time job in the summer. I
    also like ice- and line-skating, cycling and sailing, with sailing being my
    favorite summer sport and the one I’ve cultivated since I was a kid. On the
    less physically active note, I’m quite an avid reader, or at least I like to
    think about myself this way. Most of the books I read are fantasy, if I was to
    pick one favorite author it would probably be Terry Pratchett, however I rarely
    prioritize literature this way. Fantasy isn’t really my favorite genre, it just
    so happens that I read a lot of it, but I try to consume everything I can get
    my hands on, historical, reportages, anything that’s good (in my eyes).

Now on to gaming, finally. I consider myself an
    experienced gamer, however definitely not a professional one in any way. It’s funny,
    because my first online game was actually Tibia, back in October 2005. I can’t
    say that I have done a lot when I first started playing, I do believe my
    adventures ended with the level 42 on my sorcerer. I don’t remember exactly why
    did I quit, I think that for some reason I hit red skull – perhaps I thought it
    looked cool, hell knows what I had in mind as a 12 year old. Either way I quit
    and moved on to Gala Net’s Flyff – Fly for Fun. I played that game, with some
    breaks, for about 5 or 6 years. I got max level (at the time, the cap is bigger
    now I think), very decent gear, spent/wasted a lot of time farming on my
    Elementor (to this day I wonder why on Earth hadn’t they just called it
    Elementalist). During the breaks in Flyff I played Warhammer Online for some
    longer time, a little bit of WoW (somehow, I never fell for the supposed
    awesomeness of the latter). Also during the breaks and after Flyff I spent some
    time, about a year I think, on Vindictus, where I have also hit max level with
    decent gear, however I was never close to the perfect gear (as that game had a
    very, very strange system of upgrading, I think no more than 5-10 people in the
    whole game had perfect weapons back when I was playing). Yet in Vindictus I was
    also farming the end game bosses on my Evie (right, if Elementor was weird to
    me, what about calling a mage Evie? Well, hell knows where do they get all these
    stupid ass names from, but I got used to it). After I had quit Vindi, I moved
    to first online non-MMO game that would keep me for some time, and that’s the very
    famous nowadays League of Legends. It’s over year and a half now that I’ve been
    playing LoL, with breaks of course, I really like this game, even though the
    highest Elo I got was 1445 back in the old system, not exactly a lot. I’d like
    to say that I’m pretty good as for my tier, far from tournament level but we’re
    slowly getting together a team for some local events.

As to my more recent Tibia history, there isn’t (yet)
    that much to describe. My highest level so far was a 105 (I think, it may have
    been anywhere from 101 to 107) RP on Celesta, however it’s not that recent, I’ve
    played there during one of the longer Flyff breaks, 5-6 years ago, in junior
    high. I sold that character, I don’t remember why, but if I was to guess I’d
    say that some friends talked me into coming back to Flyff plus the prices were quite
    cool back then, I got 480zł (it was around 200-250$ I think), so money to be
    reckoned with for a 14-15 year old in my country. I don’t really regret that, I
    had lots of good times playing Flyff. Most recently I have started playing
    around 2-3 months ago, at the beginning slowly leveling my pally in Obsidia. I
    got it to 73 and then realized it’s pointless for a casual player like me to
    play there, since as you probably know that server, like many others, is
    absolutely dominated by so called ‘Brazilian invaders’. Maybe out of spite, but
    people claim they bot the most profitable places, turning Obsidia into a gold
    farm. I’m not the one to make baseless accusations, but what I knew for a fact was
    that there were just loads of Brazilian players not knowing English at all and
    being very abusive. PvP in Tibia has a nice vibe to it, it’s a bit original I
    suppose. However, I simply don’t have time or alacrity to get on and fight
    legions of botters, or even legions of abusive but otherwise fair playing high
    levels who don’t speak English at all. The peaceful hunting and questing is
    totally enough for me, I can get my rage out on the MT training or in LoL (I am
    quite the rager in LoL, I confess, also I think I should state here that
    sometimes I like to swear a lot, especially in online gaming, but usually I’m
    pretty polite. And I never rage in the LoL ranked games, I know it only makes
    things worse if you really want to win). That is why at the beginning of this
    month I started leveling Enjorlas, a sorcerer here in Refugia. It’s only 61
    right now, and my leveling pace is definitely not crazy, but I can assure you
    that it is steady. I immediately started getting a lot more joy out of gaming,
    in the end I guess I’m just destined to play a mage in every game. As to my
    criminal record, I don’t believe I was ever notated, however I did use a bot
    once – when I was 14 I think, these things were pretty fresh, my classmate told
    me about it and we botted chars to like level 15, then got bored – I mean, what’s
    the fun in that, and attention span of a 14 year old is even shorter.

Why Refugia, You may ask. And answering that question
    would bring us to the ‘why this guild and what can I offer’ passage. Let’s
    start by saying that I enjoy Tibia videos (the good ones), and some time back I
    was looking for new places to hunt at with my RP. That was when I found a
    youtube channel of one of Your members, who goes by the nickname of Moranah (if
    by some miracle You’re reading this, cheers dude, Your videos are really
    enjoyable). I liked to watch those and so one day I checked out Moranah’s
    character on tibia.com and then Your guild. What can I say, I liked what I saw,
    and what seemed to be a peaceful but strong community with the love for group
    hunts and quest services. Needless to say, a month or two later when I was
    looking to choose a non-PvP server to play on I thought to myself, ‘Why not
    Refugia? I don’t have any reasons for playing on any of the other servers and
    that guild seems like one I could join’. Now since You clearly offer a lot, it’s
    only fair that I state some reasons for picking me. There aren’t many, but You’ll
    get a calm and patient, yet usually talkative, not professional yet a bit
    experienced, not exactly playing long hours yet usually available, not wealthy
    in levels yet steadily improving player, always ready to get on TS3 or Skype
    (although temporarily not being able to talk until my laptop is repaired) and
    always ready to get on and play some other games with the guildies – in MMO’s,
    at least for me, it’s sometimes important to know when to take a little break
    or at least get a distraction, as boredom kills gaming too often. As to my
    previous guilds, I don’t remember anything serious in Tibia, but I’ve been a member
    of 3, I believe, guilds in Flyff – the first I left hell knows why, too long
    ago to remember, the second because we had a little fight with the leader; he
    was pretty strict as to being nice all the time, no swearing and stuff, as well
    as he wasn’t really a competitive player and in that particular game one could
    say that I was. Even though we fought I stayed friends with the most of my former
    guildies, as well as with the leader (to this day we play LoL together from
    time to time). Eventually I joined my third guild, which I never left, was the
    co-leader along with my good friend that I still play many games with, we just slowly
    stopped playing Flyff but still get together from time to time as a group of casual
    players, still have our own TS3 server and stuff. I was also in one guild on Vindictus,
    pretty good and solid group of players, and again, we never split, just went on
    to play different games, but sometimes I visit their TS. There was one guild in
    Warhammer, but that’s unfortunately too long ago to give any details – they probably
    kicked me though, after I haven’t logged on for a month (Warhammer wasn’t free
    and at one point I just stopped buying the prepaids, they were costly for me at
    the time).

At the end I’d like to bring up the matter of my
    nicknames. I’ve had more than a few during my years of gaming, yet the one that
    stuck for the longest time and among the people I’ve played the most games with
    is pretty odd, ‘Pimp’. It has, however, nothing at all to do with a manager of
    prostitutes, it is simply an abbreviation of my most common nickname that I
    have come up with a long time ago, Pimpucjo. Couldn’t use it in Tibia since the
    ridiculous naming policy prohibits everything, yet that’s the nickname I’m the
    most used to in online gaming. It was my nickname in Flyff, Warhammer,
    Vindictus and LoL. With polish pronunciation it sounds pretty silly, very Slavic
    and far from anything inappropriate, it brings to mind not the infamous trade but
    for example the soft, nice names like Pimpek or Pimpuś, which are common pet
    names in Poland. If You prefer, You can just call me Miłosz or Milo, like my Dutch
    friends called me. I like the latter since I’ve found out it’s Greek for an
    apple, and it generally has a nice ring to it.

That’s it, folks; I hope at least one of You didn’t
    get bored to death before the end. And of course I hope that You will reargue
    this application with a positive conclusion.

Kind regards,

Enjorlas/Milo/Pimp(uś)

Last edited by Flazzer on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Spoffie
    Pirate Panda

Character

Hi

Post  Spoffie on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Hello Milo

A short Application would be nice to read to for the people that tends to get lazy after some reading

/Spoffie

Enjorlas
    Pirate Panda

Character

Re: Enjorlas' application

Post  Enjorlas on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:58 pm

You got it; as I wrote it is not a problem and I'll get to creating a short version right away, I kind of expected it to be useful. But what can I say, I'm a university student, I never do extra work unless I really want or have to, so I decided to just post the longer one first.
    I'll put the second version on in 1-2h.

Edit: Here You go, now everyone can choose whichever he or she prefers to read.
    Fristajloo
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Fristajloo on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:51 am

Spoffie wrote:Hello Milo

A short Application would be nice to read to for the people that tends to get lazy after some reading

/Spoffie

short version is not good and big one like this is too not ?
    like for me .. wow.. as we see he spend many time to write this so he realy want to join us IMO.
    Great application
    Emily Sofie
    Pirate Panda

Character
    Name: Emily Sofie
    Profession: Druid

Post  Emily Sofie on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:14 am

I have to admit I read the short version and alrdy found it way mroe detailed as many other applications before xD
    But i have to admit too im too lazy and tired to read the long version btu I surely catch up with that later^^.

So one point I got lost in is your char you actually play its the 73 Rp right and that ms is that placed on Refugia or?
    And which char would you like to join with (asking bcz trials -first month pandas- arent getting their alt chars invited)

Enjorlas
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Enjorlas on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:54 am

The character I want to join with is Enjorlas, level 61 MS in Refugia.
    The pally is on Obsidia and I don't plan on transferring him here any time soon, neither do I plan on playing him in the near future.
    Mastrik
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Mastrik on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:01 am

great english man .)

i will check the long version later on as im kinda busy atm but as emily pointed out even the short version is more detailed than many of applications ppl post .)

thumbs up
    Emily Sofie
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Emily Sofie on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:33 am

Well ill create the voting thread now if anyone got more questions towards you before you would join the guild im sure he/she will make it here^^

Spoffie
    Pirate Panda

Character

Hello

Post  Spoffie on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 pm

I was thinking something for a few days

Flazzer
    is the userman you registerd with
    but its the character Enjorlas you want to join with
    Why did you not then register as Enjorlas?

/Spoffie

Enjorlas
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Enjorlas on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 am

That is simply because I've registered here before I even created Enjorlas, as You can probably check somewhere (on 13th of January I believe while Enjorlas was created around 27th of February). Back then I was considering the transfer of Flazzer (it is the name of my RP in Obsidia), but in the end I decided to just create a new character here in Refugia. I'd have had to create another e-mail adress just to register as Enjorlas, and I didn't think it was necessary - I found no information concerning this matter in Your guild or recruitment rules. Frankly, I didn't think much of it at all, I figured it is the content of the application that matters the most and I based my submission on that last thought. Hope that helps satisfy Your curiosity.

Stiorra
    Pirate Panda

Post  Stiorra on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:10 am

Well written application, I have to admit. I liked the long one better though, very interesting history of MMOs, especially since you don't seem to have played a lot of mainstream MMOs.

One question arises though. You did show pretty a lot of commitment to a few games, but never seem to have been committed to Tibia. Talking about a few wakes the impression in me that a flame is still at those games. What changed, why the decision to move back to Tibia?

[edit] spelling

Last edited by Stiorra on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:49 am; edited 4 times in total
    Zimmiee
    Pirate Panda

Character
    Name: Zimmiee
    Profession: Sorcerer

Post  Zimmiee on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:30 am

"I also fancy League of Legends and play it
    quite often.
    "

INVITE HIM SOMEONE cat

Enjorlas
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Enjorlas on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Well Stiorra, that's one tough question to answer. My decisions about starting to play and quitting an MMO game are rarely made on some particular impulse, and it's usually hard to point out all the factors that contributed. Honestly, the most important reason to start playing Tibia recently was the fact that my laptop stopped working and on the substitute computer I have used I've not been able to play anything but LoL with the lowest details (which was enough for some time, but I'm a die hard MMO fan and I don't remember the time that I wasn't playing one for more than half a year). So I downloaded Tibia, found out I still enjoy it, bought pacc and just started playing. There's not much more to it, I'm afraid I don't have a lot to say in my defense as far as commitment to Tibia goes, indeed I have never played it like I've played some other games. But it is the first MMO I've ever played, the very fact that after all these years I keep coming back makes me think that there's something more to this game than meets the eye. Besides, I've never met any bigger group of interesting people to play Tibia with, and I definitely did in Flyff and Vindictus. That's also kind of important, as playing even the best game ever solo gets boring after some time.
    I can't think of anything else right now (okay, that's a lie, I can probably brag about my gaming for a dozen more pages, but I don't think that's what You expected for an answer), I hope this helps a bit. And if You are asking because You wonder whether I won't move on to another MMO in a while, that would make two of us. But I'm pretty sure that even if I find something else I'll stick to Tibia for at least another year - in the end, I have shitloads of free time right now and that's not going to change too soon, thank God.

Stiorra
    Pirate Panda

Post  Stiorra on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Interesting answer, I appreciate it.
    Emily Sofie
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Emily Sofie on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Hay Flaz!

The voting week is over and we been ofc discussing alot about your bot mistake in the past. But the majority decided everyone can change and deserves a second chance so ofc your welcome in Pandas Smile
    Make sure to know our guild rules tho and follow all of them.
    With problems you can come to me in pm or in the "problem section" on the inner Panda forum.

Ill make your invitation right now and as soon as i see you joined you will get forum access Smile

Enjoy your stay! And stay honest Smile

Enjorlas
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Enjorlas on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:28 am

Thanks, Emily; although I have to admit I was surprised at first that You would make a big deal out of something I did for roughly two days when I was a child and what I mentioned not as a confession but more of a silly aspect for my app. However, on the second thought, I believe it is only right to be as cautious as possible ever since the botting has become the plague it is now, and I'll have You know that I support this fight even if it means slight discomforts for me.

Also I have accepted the invite, but if it is okay I'll only login in 1-3 days when I buy my next month's PACC, I have some important stuff a bit higher on my to-do list right now, but it shouldn't take long.
    Emily Sofie
    Pirate Panda

Character

Post  Emily Sofie on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:45 am

Haha wasnt me doing that big deal!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:12 pm